Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Latest Update


Here's the latest news that's fit to print on where we are in the adoption process:

1). I'm burnt out on reading adoption books; after all, there's only so much reading about attachment disorder one can take.

2). My wife and I had our fingerprints done for the FBI so they can do a national check on us.  I joked with Danelle beforehand, "Is there anything I should know about your past before we get these results back?"

3). We had mailed off our I-600A and are waiting on the I-700H to arrive.  This is the Favorable Determination Concerning Application for Advance Processing of an Orphan Petition.  This basically states that we were approved to adopt a child from the country we specified (Ukraine) when we completed our I-600A.

Once we have the I-700H and the results of our fingerprints, we send all of the forms we gathered for our dossier to Raleigh, NC to have them apostilled.  For those wondering what apostilled means, it's essentially that they check all of the notaries who've notarized our documents to ensure that they are certified and once they have, they super-notarize all of the forms.  Once all of these apostilled forms come back, the dossier is then sent to Ukrainian government.  Then we wait for them to give us approval and a date to come over there.

4). We have 67 days left on Indiegogo (http://www.indiegogo.com/blackwelladoption?a=908669) and still have quite away to go on reaching our goal.

5). On September 15th we are planning to have our yard sale where all of the money raised will go towards the adoption.  If you're in the area, drop by.

We continue to thank all of you for your prayers and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment