Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Movies About Adoption

For the last few nights, we showed our son The Anne of Green Gables series, which we all loved.  If you haven't seen them, I highly recommend renting it.  It's a wonderful film that deals with adoption.



Some other films we've watched that dealt with adoption were:

The Secret Garden




Meet The Robinsons



The musical Annie 



And an episode of the PBS kids show Arthur entitled "Big Brother Binky" 




Wondering if anyone could recommend any other great movies about adoption?

Let us know your favorites!

2 comments:

  1. Anne of Green Gables is my favorite movie! I watched it all the time as a kid, and I developed a heart for orphans at an early age. There is also a children's book/young adult that I recommend. It's called "Baby" by Patrica Maclachlan (author of Sarah, Plain and Tall). It would be a great book to read together as a family. It's the perfect book for foster care families, but I recommend it to adopting families too. It just goes to show what a difference a family can make to a child..even if it's a short time. Just like Anne it's a wonderful story coming from a child's perspective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even know how many times I've seen Anne of Green Gables and was thrilled to get to share it with Benjamin. It was my Mom who introduced the book and the series (back when it was on VHS) to me since it was her favorite novel growing up. She loved her Anne with an "E." I think I always related to how Anne drifts off into her dream world so frequently since it's something I do myself.

      I ordered an anniversary edition of the novel from Amazon to give our adopted child one day.

      I'll have to look for the book "Baby" so we can read that one, too. Thanks for the suggestion!

      Delete