Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Disappointment & Setbacks



Today, not more than an hour after I had posted my blog entry about God's fingerprints, we got the call that the SDA had "soft" rejected our dossier due to a minor technicality of dates about my income (it only had dates for 5 months when there should be 6 months).

Because of this, Danelle and I have to have 7 different documents redone, notarized, and apostilled.  We then have to send them to our facilitator, who will then resend them to our translator in Ukraine, to be translated and submitted to Ukrainian government again.  This also means that we won't be travelling in November as we had anticipated, but possibly in December or even January.  Immediately after hearing this, I phoned my boss to tell her.  As I've mentioned previously, I work in toys and this is our biggest and busiest season (60% of toy companies' profits come from the Christmas holiday).  Once again, God's fingerprints were there as she repeated, "You do what you need to do."  She told me that other reps in the area have all offered to cover my area while I'm gone.  For all of this, I am humbled and grateful.

I was waiting to pick our son up from school when Danelle called me from work, she was sobbing.  As she began to tell me what had happened, I kept telling her and myself, "We said that all of this is according to God's time and it still is."  Of course, how much easier it is to believe that when things are going your way and much more difficult when even a minor setback occurs.  We don't know why but we know that God does and He has a reason.  Maybe the child He has for us is not available until the later date.  I don't know His reasons but I do know God and can trust that this, too, was according to His will.

So though it is a lot easier for me to say I see God's fingerprints when everything is moving along smoothly, I still have to believe they are there even now when it I'm angry and upset and confused and wondering why.  The phrase that keeps coming back to me, as it has throughout this entire process, is "Either you trust God or you don't."  And I know that we will.  Psalm 9:10 tells us, "And those who know Your name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You."

I know that when we look back on this time, we will be able to see that all of this was indeed God's plan and it will be used for His glory.

For those who follow this blog, your continued prayers and encouragement are deeply appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. My heart is heavy for you all as I read this post, but if there is anyone that knows the truth behind everything being in God's timing... it is me! There is a reason for this setback, even if we can't see it now.

    We love you and know that God is preparing you guys and the child that is to be part of your family!

    ReplyDelete