Monday, November 19, 2012

Profiles in Adoption: John Waller


Christian singer-songwriter, John Waller is best known for songs like "While I'm Waiting" (used in the film Courageous) and "As For Me And My House."  

As I've mentioned before in my blog, "While I'm Waiting" has been a great song of encouragement to us as our family waits for our invitation from the SDA to fly over to Ukraine.  Something else I've mentioned is how God has used songs to speak to me throughout this process.  It was after I heard "While I'm Waiting" on 98.3 FM that I also heard about how John was adopting from Ukraine.  When I got home, I immediately looked him up on the internet to find out more.

John and his wife Josee are currently over in Ukraine (the photo above is of him in the capital Kiev).  They have 5 biological children and are adopting 3 from Alexandria, Ukraine (Max, Anya, and Olga).  Pray for them as they are over there.  As he wrote:

"Tomorrow we travel to Alexandria, Ukraine where our 3 children are in 2 different orphanages. We will be reunited with Max and Anya and meeting Olga for the first time. She is excited to meet us and particularly thrilled that we have dogs.... I'm gonna tell her the dogs are a gift if she can teach them not to go in the house anymore! HA! Seriously though...my heart is so full of joy to hug and kiss these children. I cannot wait to be the daddy they've never had."

If you want to find out more about their adoption journey, go to his Facebook page or follow him on Twitter.

Here is a video with John and Josee talking about their amazing adoption journey:


No comments:

Post a Comment