Thursday, November 29, 2012

You're Invited!


Ви запрошені!  or "You're invited!" in Ukrainian.

Yes, the invitation finally came!

I feel as excited, nervous, and joyful as the day Danelle told me I needed to take her to the hospital because she was going to give birth to our son.  Just as I'd waited 9 whole months to finally meet my first child, we started this process of adoption at the end of April (which is the month of both Benjamin's and my birthday) and now we prepare ourselves to go over to Ukraine to meet our second child.

Back in 2000, driving my wife to the hospital, I was thrilled and filled with trepidation and running a whole gamut of emotions about an event we'd been anticipating and preparing for, just as we have done throughout this adoption journey.

So now we get everything ready for the journey.

Thankfully, we have someone house sitting for us and watching our other family member (our dog Chloe) for us while we're gone.

It's amazing how emotional I get when I think about the reality of this - we are bringing our child home.


2 comments:

  1. Woohoo!! Praise God! So excited for the next step in this journey. Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep checking in to see if you got your invite. So excited it finally came. What a great Christmas present.

    ReplyDelete