Tuesday, December 25, 2012

All I Want For Christmas


It's funny how a song's lyrics can take on completely different meanings than the artist who recorded it meant.  Take Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas Is You."  When it came on my iPod just now, my immediate thoughts were of Cava.  Our family wants to see him again so desperately before we leave for the United States on Sunday.  One reason that we pray every day that we will get our court date Saturday is so we can see Cava.  So when I heard Mariah Carey singing:

Oh, I don't want a lot for Christmas
This is all I'm asking for
I just want to see my baby
Standing right outside my door

For me, I see him striding in the door of that small room at his boarding school with his big smile and his greeting his new Mama, Papa, and Ben.

That is all I and my family want for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment