Saturday, December 8, 2012

Leaving On A Jet Plane


Today's the big day!  

We are scrambling around ensuring that we packed everything from the checklist our adoption agent sent us.  Checking, double checking, triple checking . . . 

Going through our own checklist and asking each other, "Did you remember to do this?  Are you sure you packed that?"

As I'm doing this, I'm singing that John Denver song, "Leaving On A Jet Plane."  (Yes, I am very aware at how that dates me!)

After all the work and paperwork and waiting, it's hard to believe we truly are leaving for Kiev to adopt a child.  It is so amazing to think that we are that much closer to meeting our child for the first time.  Even writing about it now brings tears to my eyes.  I guess I'll have to be like Eddie Murphy in Bowfinger and keep telling myself, "Keep it together, keep it together, keep it together . . ."  (Hey, at least this reference is a little more update).

As I've posted before, anyone who wishes to e-mail us while we're there with any questions, our e-mail address is adopt4life@hotmail.com    We will try and check it whenever we can find internet service.  I also hope to post blogs of our adventure while we're there - with lots of photos.

We would like to thank all of you who prayed with us, prayed for us, called us, e-mailed us, encouraged us, offered advice from your experience in Ukraine, and for everyone's love and generosity.  Our family feels as if this journey is one that is being taken by more than just our family now.  

So I'll keep singing, "My bags are packed, I'm ready to go . . . 'Cause I'm leavin' on a jet plane . . ."

Kiev, here we come! 







No comments:

Post a Comment