Sunday, December 9, 2012

We're Here In Snowy Kiev

With the exception of my having to get a pat down by the TSA Agent (and he didn't even buy me dinner after!), there weren't any hitches with our flights to either Munich or to Kiev.  In fact, on the flight to Munich, we got to watch a sweet fable about adoption called "The Odd Life of Timothy Green."  We arrived a little later than scheduled but we got through the Kiev airport fairly quickly.  Sveta, our facilitator, and Leonid, the husband of our other facilitator Luda, met us.  They took us to get our some of our money exchanged from US dollars to Hryvni, which is 8 to our every $1.  We then went to Billa to buy some groceries {milk, fruit, yogurt, juice}.  Afterwards, we were taken to the apartment we're staying in while we're in Kiev.  Sveta then explained how tomorrow will proceed when we go to the SDA to pick out a child.  Our appointment is at 10 am.  Please pray for us as we make this decision.   

As I am writing this, Benjamin is watching the Cartoon Network in Ukrainian. 

I'm a bit worn out, since I sleep in airplanes about as well as I do hospitals, so I'm worn out.  I will hopefully have more tomorrow with photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment