Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Things Danelle Has Learned About Cava


Today Danelle and Cava went to the American Embassy to turn in Cava's papers.  They are still waiting on his passport.  

While they wait, Danelle is getting plenty of one-on-one time with Cava, she is not only bonding with our son but learning new things about him each day.  Here are some of the things she's discovered:

- He loves bananas, popcorn, peanut butter, and yogurt.  

- Cava wants to be a policeman when he grows up.

- Having learned how to play, he has become very good at playing Matching games.

- He now loves anything having to do with Pixar's "Cars," despite not having seen the movie. Gonna' have to get the DVD.  

- His favorite new show that he watches at the apartment they're in is: Tom and Jerry.  Good thing Boomerang is constantly showing it.  He also enjoys "Bananas in Pajamas."  Of course, she said it did not take him long to become a fan of television (Boomerang, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, and Carousel) and has been known to throw a bit of a tantrum if he can't watch it.  Another new favorite is "Gerald McBoing Boing."  In fact, whenever I Skype them, I can hear Cava in the background sometimes going, "Boing, boing, boing . . ." 

- Like myself, Cava is not a morning person.  

- He cannot get enough of my iPod Touch, so now I will have two sons who will be constantly "borrowing" it.  His favorite apps are the "Masha and the Bear" ones.  Surprise, surprise. It's funny, but I thought I would miss my iPod more than I do (of course, I miss the odd mix of music when I hit shuffle.  One minute it's Sarah Groves or TobyMac and the next I'm hearing 80's or alternative music and then classical, jazz, or something off a movie soundtrack.  Of course, doesn't everyone listen to Chris Tomlin and Arcade Fire?).  

- Cava loves long, warm showers.

Benjamin and I are so very ready for them to come home to us!




No comments:

Post a Comment