Today Danelle and Cava went to the American Embassy to turn in Cava's papers. They are still waiting on his passport.
While they wait, Danelle is getting plenty of one-on-one time with Cava, she is not only bonding with our son but learning new things about him each day. Here are some of the things she's discovered:
- He loves bananas, popcorn, peanut butter, and yogurt.
- Cava wants to be a policeman when he grows up.
- Having learned how to play, he has become very good at playing Matching games.
- He now loves anything having to do with Pixar's "Cars," despite not having seen the movie. Gonna' have to get the DVD.
- His favorite new show that he watches at the apartment they're in is: Tom and Jerry. Good thing Boomerang is constantly showing it. He also enjoys "Bananas in Pajamas." Of course, she said it did not take him long to become a fan of television (Boomerang, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, and Carousel) and has been known to throw a bit of a tantrum if he can't watch it. Another new favorite is "Gerald McBoing Boing." In fact, whenever I Skype them, I can hear Cava in the background sometimes going, "Boing, boing, boing . . ."
- Like myself, Cava is not a morning person.
- He cannot get enough of my iPod Touch, so now I will have two sons who will be constantly "borrowing" it. His favorite apps are the "Masha and the Bear" ones. Surprise, surprise. It's funny, but I thought I would miss my iPod more than I do (of course, I miss the odd mix of music when I hit shuffle. One minute it's Sarah Groves or TobyMac and the next I'm hearing 80's or alternative music and then classical, jazz, or something off a movie soundtrack. Of course, doesn't everyone listen to Chris Tomlin and Arcade Fire?).
- Cava loves long, warm showers.
Benjamin and I are so very ready for them to come home to us!