Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Small Victories

This has been another rough week with Cava, but in the midst of the storm, I praise God for the small victories we make with him. One of them came tonight as he helped me make dinner. It started with me asking him what foods he liked when he was in Ukraine. Cava made a face and told me he didn't like the food there. Then, for the very first time, he told me that he liked being here better than being back in Ukraine. Of course, I had to give him a great big hug and kiss. And, yes, I teared up.

(Sidenote: The photo is of Cava showing me his "Spiderman" muscles, which he is very, very proud of).


1 comment:

  1. Awesome news!!! :) He is really blooming with the love of a family. We had a rough night last night and this morning the girls called me at work (I left before they woke up this morning) to apologize and say they loved me. I nearly cried - so proud of them for realizing their behavior was not nice and taking the initiative to apologize. It's these little steps forward that reassure us that we are doing a good job and that they are learning more than just English! Looking forward to more posts like this.

    ReplyDelete