Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Spring Fever Is Sprung!

Since it was in the 80's today, the boys wanted to play in the sprinkler outside. I should correct that, Benjamin wanted to and convinced Cava to beg me, too. How can I resist letting Cava play in the sprinkler for the first time? I couldn't. So I dragged the hose out into the backyard, connected the sprinkler, and turned the water on. The boys were out of the house in a flash.

At first, Cava was reluctant to just jump in the sprinkler and he merely put his hands in the spray.


It wasn't long, however, before he was jumping through it like an old pro.



When he wasn't jumping through the water, he was waiting in excited expectation for the water to hit him as he stood off to the side.



While the temperature outside was hot, the water was definitely cold because it did not take Cava long to go and sit on the swing in the sun with towel wrapped around him.


I asked him if he liked playing in the sprinkler. "Da, I love sprinkler." 

I can't wait to see how he reacts this summer to going to a pool or the beach. He bounces in his car seat with happiness every time we cross the Buster Boyd Bridge over Lake Wylie or one of the local rivers, so imagine what his reaction will be to seeing the ocean for the very first time?

He also loves the flora and fauna of Spring. Every time a new plant blooms, he gets overjoyed and has to take me to see it, whether it's the azalea bushes:

Or the tulips:


It makes me happy that he appreciates these things and actually notices them. Not to mention, makes all of us stop and take notice as well. 






2 comments:

  1. Wow that brings back childhood memories! Nothing like running through the sprinkler on a hot day!

    It is so nice to see all things that we normally take for granted through Cava's eyes. We can all learn to "stop and smell the roses" a little more from him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, there's nothing like a little old school fun. Cava likes both the old (my View-Master) and the new (my iPod Touch), but he is making me fully aware of my surroundings so that I do notice more. That is one of the things I love most about him.

      Delete