Thursday, May 2, 2013
Foster Care Awareness Month
May is Foster Care Awareness Month.
There are many ways you can become involved in changing the lives of the kids in foster care. To find out ways you can do this, go to:
Another way is to find organizations in your area in which you can help out. In our area, there's a great organization called The Least of These.
Here's a link to their site if you live in Gaston County or the surrounding areas and would like to become involved:
To read more about them, here's a link to a recent article in the Gaston Gazette:
Here are some ways you can make a difference:
1. Become a foster parent.
2. Become a mentor.
3. Sponsor a foster child's involvement in an activity such as sports, dancing, etc.
4. Donate time at a foster care event in your area.
5. Become a Respite Provider.
6. Volunteer to host an event.
7. Become involved in organizations such as Least of These.
8. Donate clothes, school supplies, books, or toys.
9. Pray for kids in foster care.
10. Wear a blue ribbon during the Month of May and when people ask you why, explain to them about National Foster Care Month.