Monday, May 20, 2013

Most Scientific


Today my wife and I went to our son's awards ceremony at school. Since we didn't know what award he was receiving, we sat up with anticipation each time one of his teachers got up to give their awards for different subjects. Finally, his science teacher stood up and spoke of a boy who will do great things one day and about how much this boy loves science. Benjamin perked up and, sure enough, his name was called. We were both proud parents as he went up to receive the "Most Scientific" student award for 7th grade.

Something we stress highly in this house is education. Both my wife's parents were teachers. We encourage our sons to work hard in school and strive to do their best.

Proverbs 4:6-7 tells us, "Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you; love her, and she will watch over you. Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding." (NIV)

Both my wife and I encourage our son's love of science and we explain how the great wonders and miracles that science has and continues to discover were all created by the God who loves and created him.

We're proud of you, Benjamin.

1 comment:

  1. As soon as I read the title of the blog post I KNEW it was about Benjamin :) I am sure God gave him a special gift and love for science so he could do great things with his passion. It is so great you and Danelle encourage him in this. Go Benjamin!

    ReplyDelete