Sunday, May 5, 2013

Cinderellas At The Ball


For anyone who's read my blog, it is no surprise that I've always wanted a little girl. A daddy's girl, to be more precise. Having been such a part of my sister's family (as we only live 30 minutes apart), her kids have been like my first kids. So, in a sense, her daughters have felt almost like they were mine. I have watched them grow up from being pretty little girls to beautiful young ladies (in what's felt like the blink of an eye).


Saturday was their prom, so of course I wanted to be there to be a part of it. Seeing them in their prom dresses, I couldn't help but hear the lyrics to Steven Curtis Chapman's "Cinderella" playing in my head.

For those who don't know the song, here's a sample:

She says he's a nice guy and I'd be impressed 
She wants to know if I approve of the dress 
She says, "Dad the prom is just one week away
And I need to practice my dancing, 
Oh please, daddy, please"


So I will dance with Cinderella while she is here in my arms 
'Cause I know something the prince never knew 
Oh, I will dance with Cinderella, I don't want to miss even one song 
'Cause all too soon the clock will strike midnight and she'll be gone
She will be gone

Yes, it should come as no surprise that I would have a sentimental song like this in my head but, for the record, I did not tear up.


Even Cava got in on the photo with my "pretty princess" Abby.


Then Cava & Benjamin wanted their photo taken with her.


Okay, okay, Danelle and I had to get in on the photos, too!

Of course, being boys, they got bored pretty quickly. This meant Benjamin went to play video games with his cousin Christian, while Cava spent time with Granddad Bob and Granddad Bob's iPad.


Later, after the girls had left, we went out to a fish camp for dinner. For those who aren't Southern, a fish camp is a local seafood place that has the attitude "If you don't fry, why try it?" Cava got his first taste of Callibash shrimp and hush puppies - which he loved!

Oh, and did I mention, both boys were thrilled that Chloe is back from her vacation. It will be interesting to see how she adjusts to being back after having been spoiled for the last month.




1 comment:

  1. How sweet! It is such a blessing you have that closeness with your family.

    Keep us updated on how things go with Chloe!

    ReplyDelete