Saturday, June 1, 2013

Happy Birthday


Just wanted to take the time to wish the most amazing wife, mother, and my best friend a very happy birthday today.

It's hard to believe how much can happen in a year?

Now Danelle is the mother of two boys and she's handled the new challenges with such strength, patience, and love, which is no easy task.


How many other women would have gone to Ukraine by themselves for three weeks to retrieve their new son?


Yet I am in awe of how she nurtures and trains both our sons in a godly manner. She takes the time to spend with each child so that neither feels left out and does so in a way that makes both of them feel loved and appreciated. And she does it, often times, with little appreciation back.


As if they weren't enough, she also has to deal with a creative husband. What was it Kenny Rogers sang? "Don't fall in love with a dreamer. . . " Well, poor thing, she did. And I know I'm not easy. Not to mention, she puts up with someone who now posts so much of our lives in a blog!


She really does amaze me with all that she can accomplish in a day and do so with a smile on her face. Of course, next thing you know, I'm going to start quoting lines from Chaka Khan's "I'm Every Woman" about her.

Our journey so far has been one filled with love, heartbreaks, joy, challenges, craziness, and all of the ups and downs that come with daily life. Yet through all of it, I cannot imagine going through any of it without her.



Danelle, I know your mother would've been extremely proud of the wife, mother, and woman you've become.


I love you very much and not a day passes that I do not thank God for blessing me with such a wonderful wife and friend.

Happy birthday!



1 comment:

  1. *tear* How sweet.....

    to answer your question: NOT MANY WOMEN. As someone who was fortunate enough to meet Danelle in "real life" I have to say I agree with you she is a wonderful woman and person, and an exceptional mom.

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANELLE!!!!!

    Nella & Tony

    ReplyDelete