Sunday, August 25, 2013

Baptizing Benjamin


Our last day of summer ended on a very high note: our elder son's baptism.

Today, at Robinwood Lake, he made his profession of faith that Jesus was his Lord and Savior.

As Acts 22:16 tells us, "And now why do you wait? Rise and be baptized and wash away your sins, calling on his name."

As a parent, nothing means more to me, than his salvation. And I told him, after he came out of the water, that I was more proud of him now than I would be at his high school or college graduation because this was eternal.

We believe that you aren't saved through baptism, but that it is an outward profession of faith and, as Benjamin made his, tears streamed down my cheeks. He is my son and my brother in Christ.

And I cannot wait for the day that we see Cava do the same.



3 comments:

  1. How beautiful!! Congratulations to the whole family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so exiting! congratulations! God bless Benjamin in his new journey!

    ReplyDelete