Sunday, August 11, 2013

Cava At The Wedding


This weekend, our family drove to Fayetteville, North Carolina for the wedding of my father and his fiancee, Yvette Squires. After a 3 1/2 drive, the boys were thrilled to find out that our hotel had an indoor pool and, since we had a couple of hours before we had to be at the church, they quickly changed into their swimsuits and hit the water. First the pool:



And, Cava got introduced to the hot tub:


But then it was time to go to the church and get ready.


For some reason, even though I was only the best man, people kept asking me if I was nervous, to which I replied, "It's not my show, I'm only the back-up singer." Before the ceremony started, I talked with the minister and found out he has ties to Parkwood where we go and then we talked briefly about our adopting Cava, adoption (international and through foster care), and how his church has become extremely involved in  adoption as well as helping foster kids in their community. Our conversation ended when the music started and we entered the church.



After the beautiful ceremony, we took a few photos in the church. First posed: (It's funny that in the first one, everybody seems to be posing for a different camera)




And then casual:


Cava loves his cousin Abby, after all, she is a pretty girl & he loves to flirt with pretty girls.

And Benjamin enjoyed talking with Bethany. These two have always been close.


Once all the photos were taken, it was on to the reception.

.


Benjamin was thrilled that he was asked to be DJ. Here's DJ B mixin' some tunes:



Fatboy Slim, Mistajam, and Skrillex, watch out!  DJ B is gunning for you! The boy can mix it up and he even worked the mic!

While his big brother was center stage, Cava drew attention from all the relatives who wanted to meet him for the first time.


I was thrilled that Cava got to spend time with one of my favorite relatives, Uncle Perry. He has always made time to talk with the kids in our family, whether it's by teaching them simple magic tricks or easy drawing lessons. One thing that can be said of my Uncle Perry is that he is a true gentleman.



But, of course, Cava loved spending time with his Aunt Kristen:


And her iPhone:


The bride and groom danced to their song "When I Fall In Love."


Along with music and dancing, there was lots and lots of delicious food (such as BBQ ribs and chicken). 

As the celebration came to a close, the bride and groom (along with Benjamin and Cava) released the balloons:


Which Cava watched until they disappeared completely:


Once the bride and groom had departed, we returned to the hotel so the boys could swim and relax in the hot tub with their cousins:


The next morning, Cava was a bit of a sleepy head:


Though he was able to rouse himself up to go downstairs and eat from the breakfast buffet. He was overwhelmed and overjoyed by the size of his waffle. "Wow! That's big!" he declared. But he did eat the whole thing and described it as, "Yummy!"


While Danelle and the boys went swimming again, I took some time in the gym to work off dinner from last night and my big breakfast. With coffee, the ellipticals, and Kelly Clarkson's "Stronger" playing on my iPod, I had a good workout. 


As we got ready to pack our bags in the car, Cava informed me that he would prefer to live in the hotel because they had better food and a pool. He also enjoyed riding on the baggage trolley with his cousin Abby.


We all had a great time and enjoyed seeing and being with family. 

We also wish Dad and Yvette a joyous and loving marriage. 

As Proverbs 18:22 says, which I quoted in the blessing I gave at the reception, "He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the Lord." 
















3 comments:

  1. Congrats to your daddy and his new wife! God's blessings to them!
    I can't help it but smile with some tears I'm my eyes every time I see Cava enjoying all these new experiences. Thanks for shearing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. EVETTE SHARED THIS WITH ME AND IT WAS BEAUTIFUL. IT WAS SUCH A PLEASURE TO MEET YOU ALL AND ALL OF BOB'S FAMILY. I HAD HEARD SO MUCH ABOUT CAVA AND WAS THRILLED TO MEET HIM. IT WAS A BLESSED EVENT AND NOW WE ARE GLAD WE HAVE BOB AND HIS FAMILY IN OUR LIFE. THEIR MEETING WAS SURLY A WORK OF GOD
    JEAN G HAIR

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish your Dad and his bride all the happiness in the world. Seemed like a lovely wedding!

    Seems like the Blackwell family had a blast!
    PS
    Can't believe Cava ate all that! That waffle is bigger than him :P

    ReplyDelete