1. The summer reading program at our local library. He completed it and received his certificate. In the car, he began to cry because he was so happy about his achievement.
2. Pools, pools, pools!
3. And water slides . . .
And oceans . . .
4. Vacation Bible School
5. Dress Like a Cow Day at Chic-fil-A
6. Nature walks
Especially whenever we saw any wildlife: like turtles . . .
6. Fireworks! (Both the Fourth of July kind and the Katy Perry song).
7. All of our summer field trips. He said his favorite was our trip to Reed's Gold Mine.
8. His summer playlist, which consisted a lot of Carrie Underwood & Taylor Swift. He has a thing for blonde Country singers, I guess. I must admit, I love hearing him sing along to Underwood's "Good Girl."
9. Going to the summer movie series at our local theater. His favorite film was Journey 2: The Mysterious Island. His favorite part of the movie is when the Rock does the "peck pop of love" and he bursts out laughing every time he sees that scene.
Now here's Cava reenacting it.