Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Cava's Christmas Faves - So Far

1. His favorite Christmas special:


Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. I think the story of misfits who, in the end, are accepted and loved really struck a chord with him.

2. Favorite Christmas song:


Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas Is You." I believe God really does work through music because this was the song that came on my iPod last Christmas, while we were in Kiev, after we'd agreed to adopt Cava but were away from him. When I heard it, it was Cava who I thought of, especially the  lines, "I don't want a lot for Christmas / Not a lot I'm askin' for / I just wanna' see my baby / Standin' right outside my door" because Cava would show up at the door to the room we were staying in at the boarding school. He'd knock and walk in with the biggest smile on his face. So when I heard those lines, I really missed seeing his smiling face.

3. Doing the daily advent calendar. He loves counting down to Christmas.


4. Eggnog. I poured myself some when Cava came up and asked, "What's that?" I told him and he said, "Can I try?" I let him take a sip and next thing I knew he finished it off, "Yummy!" Now there is someone other than me that enjoys this holiday treat in our house.


5. Reading Christmas books together. So far, his favorite has been one that I had as a child called The Sweet Smell of Christmas. The one we read now is one I ordered for Benjamin off Amazon when he was younger. They love the fact that it's a scratch and sniff book with Christmas scents like pine tree, hot chocolate, and candy canes.


6. Watching Christmas movies on Friday nights. His favorite has been Elf. Cava's favorite scene and the one that always causes him to burst out into laughter is when Buddy asks the raccoon, "Somebody need a hug?" Now he walks around doing that to us.



7. Decorating the tree


8. And, of course, seeing Santa, whether it's this awesome one:


Or even this one who's beard doesn't quite fit him.


There is sooo much more to come with Christmas that I can't wait to see what other things we can add to his favorite list!





1 comment:

  1. How wonderful!! Seems like you guys are so festive....I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete