Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Blackwell's Breaking News!

For anyone who's followed our blog and knows our adoption story, a little over two years ago we adopted Cava. When we went to meet him for the first time, we had to stay in his boarding school and, while there, got to know some of the children.  There was one little girl, "T," in particular that we got attached to and even inquired about adopting. We were told that we couldn't and left with broken hearts.

In the time that has passed since, I have prayed for her every day. She was constantly in my thoughts and my heart. I wondered what was going on in her life. Was she still in that boarding school? Was she adopted? There were so many unanswered questions.

Then, yesterday morning, I got on Facebook and the first thing I see is a photo of "T." She was available for hosting this summer. I felt like I had been broadsided by a truck. Immediately I called Danelle and she came to see what I wanted. I saw her expression change as soon as she saw the photo. "You know we can't," were the first words out of her mouth. I knew she was right. We used up all of our savings adopting Cava. The tax money we just got back from our federal taxes went to paying off the loan we got to adopt him.

I was heartbroken.

All day long I prayed and wondered why God would bring her back into my life if I couldn't host her. Then I realized that, even if she was not going to be hosted by our family, this was an answer to my prayer because it meant that she would be hosted and, maybe, adopted. This was a "No," to me, but a "Yes," to someone else's prayers. It was bittersweet.

I wrestled with this all day long. I prayed and sought God and had to say, "Your will be done."

Later that afternoon, when I spoke to Danelle, she stunned me with, "If we are going to do this, then it will have to be all God's will." I knew what she meant.

So I called the hosting program to find out if "T" was even available.

If they told me that a family was already going to host her then I knew what my prayer was to be: to pray for that family, pray for "T," and that, if she was available for adoption, that they would adopt her so that she could be in a loving home. If she was available, then my prayer was that we would trust God that He would be faithful as we hosted her.

The woman I spoke to informed me that she had been put on "hold" by a family who was going to host her, but they had backed out.

An open door.

 Of course I said, "YES!"

This is another huge step in trusting God.

He will have to make a way for us.

Finances alone are a huge obstacle. Just getting "T" over here will cost us $3,500.00 that we don't have.

Please join us in prayer.

We know God can do this. As I read in my Bible study early this morning, " I prayed to the Lord, saying: 'Ah, Lord God! It is you who have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and by your outstretched arm! Nothing is too hard for you."

If you feel led to donate so that we can host this girl who has never been hosted, never been out of Ukraine, so that she can know that not only do we love her, but, more importantly, that God loves her, you can donate using the Donate Button which takes you to a secure Pay Pal site.

This has been a roller-coaster last two days. Once again, we find God putting something before us and we had to make a choice to say, "Yes."

I cannot help but marvel again at the amazing way that God works in our lives.

1 comment:

  1. This is SUCH an amazing update!! I will definitely keep this in my prayers, keep us posted!!