Monday, April 27, 2015

His Provisions


It is hard to believe that just a week ago God provided another opportunity for us to say, "Yes," to. We did and agreed to host a girl we met in Ukraine two years ago when we adopted Cava. Once we committed to this, we then had to pray that God would make a way, as it is going to cost us $3,500 just to get her over to the States. We had just used our tax refund to pay back on the loan we took out to adopt Cava. Over Spring Break, we had gone on a a trip. If we had known this was going to happen, we could have planned differently, but God clearly wanted us at a place where we could not do it on our own but would need His help.

The day after we agreed to host "T," I found myself praying, "Okay God, we believe this is truly your will but for this to happen you are going to have to provide for us because we just don't have the money right now." I poured my heart out to God and trusted on Matthew 7:7-8: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

It was hardly thirty minutes after I finished praying that one of my closest friends called me from Portland, Oregon where it would have been not long after 6 am. He asked about our family and I told him exactly where we were and to pray for us, especially in regards to the financial obstacles we faced.  To my surprise, he told me he had just gotten his tax refund back and was going to mail us a check for $1,000.  I was stunned and found myself in tears. When I told him that I had not shared all of that to get money out of him, he said, "I know. But I want to be a part of this. Ever since you guys stepped out in faith to adopt Cava, your family has been teaching me that when God puts an opportunity before you to say, "Yes."

I was truly overwhelmed.

By the end of that day, God had used others to provide the rest of the $1,400 we need to make our first payment. This proved to Danelle and I both that this really was God's will and that we were being obedient to His call for the life of our family. We are thankful and grateful to those of you who donated.

Of course, me being me, I continued to check our Paypal account every day and, when, after the initial $1,400, no more donations came in, I began to worry. As I have said before, I would have made an awesome Israelite. God performs a miracle and I, immediately, want another one. Perhaps this is his way of saying, "I will provide when it is needed. Trust me."  I am being reminded again that it is all about trust.

Just as we did when we were trying to raise funds to adopt Cava, we are again going to be having a yard sale in the next couple of weeks and trying to find other ways to raise the rest of the funds needed. We have already begun gathering things we can sell. Cava is so excited he has contributed some of his toys and puzzles.

Please pray for us as we continue our journey.  If God so leads you, please donate to our fund using the secure PayPal donate button. We will use the fundraising thermometer to let you know how close we are to our goal.

Our family knows that God will make a way, He will provide, and that He is faithful.


1 comment:

  1. Praise God!! This is so amazing and exciting!!!!

    ReplyDelete