Monday, June 29, 2015

Good Gifts


For anyone who doubts that our God gives good gifts, I offer this as proof:

Indeed, God gives good gifts. Why? For us to not only delight in them, but, ultimately, to delight in Him.

As James 1:27 tells us, "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no shadow or variation."

The fact that "T" is now here, in America, with our family, is all due to the grace of God. He is a loving Father and truly a Father to the fatherless.

God works in miraculous ways. It all started with me doing the simple act of opening a door for a little girl. But how that small act rippled with significant waves that I never would have guessed how profoundly it would affect all of us. What for me was just doing what I have always been raised to do, open a door for a lady, became an act that showed a little girl that she was noticed and that she was important. Like any child who craves to feel loved and worth, she sought me out and, when we left, I am sure she thought I, like so many others, had abandoned her. I felt like I had and I found myself asking God, "Why?"

A little over two years later, I am finding out that He had been telling me, "Not at this time," and that He had not forgotten.

I cannot truly express the profound sense of joy I feel at being reunited with "T." To be able to hug her again. And I, inwardly, do so with gratitude and deep thanks. I know that, once again, this is God generously allowing us to be a testimony to Him. This is a gift. A good gift. A gift that glorifies its giver and will be a witness to all who see. They will see His light, His love, His goodness. This is truly a moment of miraculous beauty.




Is it any wonder that my Bible verse for today was I Corinthians 13:7-8, "Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust, no fading of its hope; it can outlast anything it is, in fact, the one thing that still stands when all else has fallen."



No comments:

Post a Comment