Tuesday, September 8, 2015

For Love Of Country


Though it has been nearly three years since I left Ukraine, it has never left me. It is a country that is deep in my heart. I fell in love with this beautiful country, its beautiful people, the food, the richness of its culture and history. That country changed me. Just as Cava is now a part of our family, so, too, is the country he comes from.

Not a day passes that I don't pray for this country and its people. I pray for peace. I pray that they can remain a free and independent Ukraine. I pray that churches around the world pray for them. I pray that other countries come to Ukraine's aid and stand with her against any and all who would attempt to prevail against her and take her freedom. I pray for those who have lost family members in their fight against Russia. I pray that its leaders are men and women of strong character. I pray that God gives them wisdom to lead. I pray for unity and protection. I pray for those who would go to Ukraine to give them aid. I pray for all of the refugees. I pray for the orphans in the eastern regions who are affected by this.

Please join me in praying for them.


While much of the media has forgotten this country, our family has not. We love and pray for a country that we, one day, would like to go back and visit so that we can show our son just how gorgeous Ukraine really is. We want him to be proud to say that he is Ukrainian and be able to embrace that part of himself.




No comments:

Post a Comment