Saturday, April 23, 2016

Lifting Up A Prayer For Syrian Believers


In honor of our brothers and sisters in Christ who are in Syria at the cost of their lives, I am praying and posting a traditional Syrian Orthodox prayer for today.

Glory to you, O my Lord, who created us even though there was no cause
for you to do so at any time; glory to you, O my Lord, who called us your
living image and likeness; glory to you, my Lord, who nurtured us in
freedom as rational beings; glory to you, O just Father, whose love was
pleased to fashion us; glory to you, O holy Son, who put on our flesh and
saved us; glory to you, O living Spirit, who enriched us with your gifts;
glory to you, O hidden nature, who revealed yourself in our manhood;
glory to you, O my Lord, who brought us to knowledge of your
Godhead; glory to you, O my Lord, who made us rational instruments for
your service; glory to you, O my Lord, who invited us to the exalted
habitation of heaven; glory to you, O my Lord, who held us
worthy to glorify you together with the angels; glory to you from every 
mouth, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, from those above and those below;
glory to your Trinity; in both worlds glory to you, from both spiritual
beings and from those in the body, from everlasting unto everlasting.

Please join me in praying this prayer today and in praying for them during a time of violent persecution when many may become martyrs for the faith. They are living out what Christ said in Matthew 16:24-25, "Then Jesus said to his disciples, 'If anyone wishes to come after me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it."


No comments:

Post a Comment